Let’s Grow Together
Training as a yoga teacher is a lifelong practice, with no finish line. Instead of running a 200- or a 500-hour program, we offer ongoing continuing education. Anyone can join, regardless of background or teaching experience.
You’ll help your students best when you nurture your own practice and hone your teaching in exactly the places you need it. Our continuing workshops help with both. Each also offers Yoga Alliance continuing education credits, aka YACEPs.
Study with Sage Rountree
Our co-owner and director of our continuing education yoga teacher trainings is Sage Rountree, PhD, E-RYT. Sage is an expert on yoga pedagogy and has long specialized in teaching yoga to athletes. Basketball Hall-of-Fame Coach Roy Williams was her private student for over a decade, until his retirement.
In-Person Yoga Teacher Trainings (YTT) for Continuing Education Credits (CEUs)
These trainings welcome movement and yoga teachers from all backgrounds at at every level of experience—including none.
These yoga teaching workshops are convenient to people in our geographical area:
- Chapel Hill
- Southern Pines
They are also designed for traveling students. We have had visitors from as far as Hong Kong and Sweden!
To make travel easy, we meet all day on Saturdays and half days on Sundays. You’ll have pre- and post-meeting assignments to complete and share for feedback.
We want a world with a broad diversity of yoga teachers. Thus we offer need-blind reparatory and gratitude discounts for these trainings. We encourage BIPOC and Indian/Indian American teachers to join. If you self-identify as a member of these groups, please write us for a discount code to use at registration.
Join us at Carrboro Yoga:
- Designing and Teaching Balance Sequences and Classes, September 23–24, 2023
- Fundamentals of Teaching Yoga Nidra, October 28–29, 2023
Join an Intensive
Two upcoming retreats with Sage both offer CEUs while helping you refill your well as a yoga teacher.
- Yoga Summer Camp: An In-Studio Retreat for Grownups at Carrboro Yoga, July 28–August 1, 35 CEUs
- Recharge: A Retreat for Yoga and Movement Teachers at the Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health, with Alexandra DeSiato, October 1–6, 30 CEUs
Read Your Way to Better Teaching
Sage is author (and coauthor, with Carrboro Yoga Co. teacher Alexandra DeSiato) of several books on yoga practice and teaching. Reading these books will help you help your students better.
- The Professional Yoga Teacher’s Handbook
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses
- Everyday Yoga
- Lifelong Yoga
- The Art of Yoga Sequencing, coming in 2024
We also offer a free guide that details how you can level up your teaching ASAP using tools you already own. It’s called “The Fastest, Cheapest, and Best Way to Improve Your Teaching.” Sign up here and we will send it right over!
Online YTT CEUs
We also offer several continuing education courses online at Sage’s website. These include:
- Classroom Management and Safety
- Professionalism for Movement Teachers
- Sequencing Yoga Classes from Welcome to Namaste
- Teaching Yoga to Athletes
- The Workshop Workshop
- The Content Workshop
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses
These courses are self-paced. Some offer mentorship from Sage. All will help you teach better!