Hooray! You’re interested in yoga with us! Our new-student intro special is the perfect starting point. You’ll get:
- Three weeks of daily classes for $75—that’s less than the price of three drop-in classes
- A guided tour of our offerings with plenty of advice
- Time to choose the best classes for your regular practice
We know the number-one factor for students choosing a class is schedule. Don’t be shy to come try any class that suits your availability. Let the teacher know you’re new and we’ll take special care to look out for you. Yoga for Daily Life is a good entry point for everyone.
We are happy to save you some trial and error by making personalized recommendations! Book a quick call or video chat with our concierge Alexis, who will do her best to help you find the right fit off the bat.
Try Our Basics Series
Want a systematic approach to learning yoga from the ground up? Try Roots and Wings: Fundamentals and Next Steps, our yoga basics series.
We meet at Carrboro Yoga for six weeks in a small group to cover the basics (plant your roots). You’ll also get a six-week unlimited membership to explore our full schedule (spread your wings). We’ll suggest classes, homework, and practices to do at home, and we will answer all your questions about how to find the right poses and yoga for you.
Before Your First Class
We know starting something new, or even just visiting a new studio, can be intimidating. We want you to have the best experience possible! Here are a few tips for your first class:
- Be sure to sign up online at least one hour before class starts.
- Budget some extra time to arrive and park on your first visit. Arriving early is a sweet way to show respect for your classmates, your teacher, and your own practice. Our front door locks at class start time and we don’t accommodate late arrivals.
- If you have a mat, bring it. If not, no worries. We have mats you can borrow.
- Dress comfortably. Light sweatpants, leggings, or athletic shorts with a fitted inner layer are good. So are a tank or semi-fitted T-shirt on top.
- Bring layers, so you can add/subtract as you go. Don’t worry: we keep shirts on the whole time! You are more likely to get too cool by the end than too warm. A sweatshirt and socks might help.
- Don’t forget your sense of humor. You don’t have to know it all! And you don’t have to know anything to get started, other than where your limits are. Our teachers will not only respect but applaud you for taking breaks or resting as needed. Remember: we were all new once, too.
Want more tips? Sign up here for our Definitive Guide to Conquering Your First (or Next) Yoga Class! We’ve got you!