Trade Time for Yoga
Are you computer-savvy, friendly, and eager to trade time for yoga? Have you been practicing with us for three months or longer? Will you be staying in town for the foreseeable future? We are training new desk staff as work-studies—if your answer to these questions is yes!, write us at email@example.com for details.
This four-part open series led by yoga teacher and physical therapist Laura Terry is for those with back pain or people who want to strengthen their backs safely. Saturdays through November 5, 1:00–2:30 p.m. Details →
Love Your Feet: Asana and Reflexology Workshop
Join asana teacher Sommer Sobin and reflexologist Jamie Jacobs in an afternoon of exploring the feet. Bring an open heart and bare feet—and be prepared for bliss! Saturday, October 29, 1:00–4:30 p.m. Details →
Receive Massage—or Learn to Give It
We have two new neighbors at Hillsborough Yoga, 1812/1814 Beckett’s Ridge Drive.
- Hillsborough Spa and Day Retreat is now open with five treatment rooms offering facials, massage, and body treatments; two steam rooms and an infrared sauna; and a pretty lounge for quiet contemplation. Booking is now available online. Visit the spa for the grand opening on Saturday, October 29, 3–6 p.m.—all services are 20 percent off from now through the grand opening reception.
- Carolina Massage Institute offers Intro to Massage programs as well as a diploma program starting in January 2017 and continuing education for manual therapists.
New: Nine-Week Hybrid Yoga Teacher Training
Coming this winter: a nine-week weekday hybrid version of the training that meets Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9 a.m.–2 p.m., January 10–March 9, 2017. You needn’t want to teach to find the program inspiring, informative, and deeply rewarding. Details →
In this four-week series, we will explore ways of cultivating greater happiness, enjoyment, and well-being in our lives. Francesca Morfesis leads Mondays, November 7–28, 7:15–8:45 p.m. Details →
Kristin Cooper and the Kunga Drummers make their annual visit. Join for one or all of these wonderful workshops:
- Rhythmic Flow with live drumming: Earth Practice, Friday, November 11, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Rhythmic Flow with live drumming: Fire Practice, Saturday, November 12, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Kunga Yoga mission and Kunga Journeys slideshow, free: Saturday, November 12, 2:00–3:30 p.m.
- Rhythmic Flow with live drumming: Water Practice, Sunday, November 13, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Thai Yoga Massage: Sunday, November 13, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
Join Pilates and yoga instructor Alexandra DeSiato and prenatal yoga instructor Lauren Sacks (both mamas and creators of Whole Mama Yoga) for a workshop that will get you feeling a bit more like the old you! Saturday, November 12, 1:30–2:30 p.m. Details →
Yoga Immersion Program with Sommer and Paul Sobin
Enjoy this life-changing introductory course on the fundamental principles of yoga that welcomes all seekers and students of yoga. Topics of study include alignment-focused asana, meditation, pranayama, anatomy, Ayurveda, yoga philosophy, and more. Six weekends, November 2016–April 2017. Details →