Give the Gift of Connection
We offer gift cards in any amount so you can give friends and family a wonderful experience this holiday. Click here to get started →
We’ll be offering a reduced schedule December 22–January 4, with fewer late classes and a few very special holiday treats. Our class schedule is always correct online, so click on over to choose classes that will help you feel nourished, grounded, and connected at the end of the year. Beyond classes, we offer these workshops:
- Michele Nettesheim leads a gentle yoga and meditation mini-retreat on Saturday, December 27, 1:00–4:00 p.m. Details →
- Ann Burrus leads a sweet year-end restorative yoga practice Saturday, December 27, 5:00–6:45 p.m. Details →
- Sage Rountree offers a workshop to explore goals, intentions, and release in the context of a fun, flowing, hip-opening all-levels practice Wednesday, December 31, 2:00–4:00 p.m. Details →
- Hollie Sue Mann leads us through asanas, meditation, and spiritual teachings in a creatively designed Jivamukti Yoga sequence for the new year Thursday, January 1, 2:00–3:35 p.m., $20; $15 before December 26. Details →
- Sommer and Paul Sobin present Hip-notic Hip Openers, the tenth annual yoga exploration of how freedom in the hips and lower body brings lightness of heart, mind, and spirit. Friday, January 2, 5:30–7:30 p.m. Details →
- Core Strength 101: learn the basics with Alexandra DeSiato, Saturday, January 3, 9:30–10:30 a.m. Details →
- Michelle Johnson offers a New Year’s workshop focused on loving kindness meditation, or metta meditation practice, and flow yoga. Awaken more to your capacity to love! Saturday, January 3, 2:00–4:00 p.m. Details →
Yoga for Young Athletes
New for 2015: an open series for young athletes, Sundays, January 4–February 22, 5:15–6:15 p.m. This series with Sage Rountree and Leslie Morgan helps young athletes from any sport develop appropriate and balanced strength and flexibility. Athletes ages 11–17 can come for six weeks ($45, no class MLK or Presidents’ Weekend) or drop in to any class for $10. Details →
Sommer and Paul Sobin offer a week of free classes to preview their summer series. We fill these free offerings first come, first situated, with no online signup—please arrive several minutes early to set up.
- Yoga Basics for Beginners, Tuesday, January 6, 5:45–7:00 p.m.
- Advanced Practice, Wednesday, January 7, 5:45–7:15 p.m.
- Intermediate Expansion, Wednesday, January 7, 7:30–9:00 p.m.
- Continuing Basics, Thursday, January 8, 6:00–7:15 p.m.
- Intermediate Expansion, Saturday, January 10, 9:00–10:30 a.m.
Yogic Cosmology and the Tattvas Chart
Join Hannah Byrum for this exciting lecture on yogic philosophy. Cosmology means theory of the origin of the universe, and the tattvas chart is something like the yogic version of the periodic table of elements. When we look at these esoteric theories of where we came from, and what we are made of, two things emerge: a charming semblance to quantum physics, and a radical, empowering world view. Saturday, January 10, 11:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. $25. Details →
Yoga for Back Care
Join physical therapist and yoga teacher Laura Terry for this four-part series to have you practicing pain-free and improving your posture to boot! Saturdays, January 10–31, 1:00–2:30 p.m. Details →
Great Workshops Ahead
We’ve got Yoga for Hormone Balance, Restorative Yoga, Meditation 101, and more coming up in early 2015. Visit our workshops page to read all about it.
It’s not too early to think about next summer! We offer an intensive version of our 200-hour yoga teacher training July 18–August 9. And new for 2015, we are offering a monthlong advanced studies immersion that covers most of the curriculum of our 500-hour yoga teacher training! Come enjoy a month of living in wonderful Carrboro and advancing your practice and teaching. Details →