New! We Now Take American Express
We now accept American Express, both online and at the front desk. This makes it even easier for you to sign up for classes, series, and workshops in advance, which makes check-in a breeze—just give your name at the desk, or sign in by tapping your name on our iPad. Get started here. You can also see our schedule, sign up for classes, and even buy class packages using the free Mind-Body Connect app. Download it here!
Flow Yoga 101
“Take a vinyasa.” “Flow through.” If you’ve ever heard these cues in a class and wondered, “What the ever-loving pants does that mean?” Flow Yoga 101 is for you. Lindsey Alexander walks you through the basics three Wednesdays, August 17–31, 7:30–8:30 p.m. Details →
Our quarterly schedule, which runs September 1–November 30, has one change and three lovely additions:
- David Rowan leads Open Heart Meditation on Mondays, 1:15–2:15 p.m.
- Alexandra DeSiato teaches Yoga for Healthy Aging on Mondays, 3:00–4:00 p.m.
- Betsey Downing guides you through Meditation Skills for Managing Life on Thursdays, 10:15–11:30 a.m., with a free class on September 8
- Hollie Sue Mann takes over Flow Yoga on Thursdays, noon–1:00 p.m.—this makes a beautiful complement to her Monday noon class
Our regular schedule runs Saturday and Sunday of the holiday weekend. We suspend evening classes on Monday, September 5 and offer these daytime classes:
- Flow Yoga with Mira Shani, 9:00–10:15 a.m.
- Gentle Yoga with Marty Adams, 10:30–11:45 a.m.
- Labor Day Core Work with Sage Rountree (regular class pricing/passcard), noon–1:00 p.m.
Next Yoga Teacher Trainings
Our next 200-hour yoga teacher training begins in September, and runs the second weekend of each month, September 2016–April 2017. We have one spot left; contact us if it’s for you! Coming this winter: a nine-week weekday hybrid version of the training that meets Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, 9 a.m.–2 p.m., January 10–March 9, 2017. You needn’t want to teach to find the program inspiring, informative, and deeply rewarding. Details →
Sommer and Paul Sobin offer a week of free classes to preview their fall series. We fill these free offerings first come, first situated, with no online signup—please arrive several minutes early to set up.
- Yoga Basics for Beginners, Tuesday, September 13, 5:45–7:00 p.m.
- Advanced Practice, Wednesday, September 14, 5:45–7:15 p.m.
- Intermediate Expansion, Wednesday, September 14, 7:30–9:00 p.m.
- Continuing Basics, Thursday, September 15, 6:00–7:15 p.m.
- Yoga Basics for Beginners, Thursday, September 15, 7:30–8:45 p.m.
- Intermediate Expansion, Saturday, September 17, 9:00–10:30 a.m.
Restful Yoga with Live Music
Join Kathy Peillot and musician John Westmoreland for an evening of deep relaxation and rejuvenation with restorative yoga, yoga nidra, and live healing music, Sunday, September 18, 6:30–8:30 p.m. Details →
Mindfulness and Meditation
We offer ongoing series and classes with Francesca Morfesis, David Rowan, and Betsey Downing. Monday evenings explore basics and special topics in an open series format; our Monday midday and Thursday offerings are drop-in classes (use your passcard!). Come hone your ability to be with what is. Betsey offers a free class on Thursday, September 8, 10:15–11:30 a.m. Details →
Living and Loving into Our Humanity
Join Michelle Johnson, a social worker, activist, and yogi, and Betsey Downing, a yogi and climate change activist, for a workshop focused on our connection to the divine sacred internally and externally, using our power for the greatest good, and exploring physical shifts and changes in perspectives. Saturday, October 1, 1:00–4:00 p.m. Details →
This four-part open series led by yoga teacher and physical therapist Laura Terry is for those with back pain or people who want to strengthen their backs safely. Saturdays, October 15–November 5, 1:00–2:30 p.m. Details →
Love Your Feet: Asana and Reflexology Workshop
Join asana teacher Sommer Sobin and reflexologist Jamie Jacobs in an afternoon of exploring the feet. Bring an open heart and bare feet—and be prepared for bliss! Saturday, October 29, 1:00–4:30 p.m. Details →
Kristin Cooper and the Kunga Drummers make their annual visit. Join for one or all of these wonderful workshops:
- Rhythmic Flow with live drumming: Earth Practice, Friday, November 11, 6:30–8:30 p.m.
- Rhythmic Flow with live drumming: Fire Practice, Saturday, November 12, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Kunga Yoga mission and Kunga Journeys slideshow, free: Saturday, November 12, 2:00–3:30 p.m.
- Rhythmic Flow with live drumming: Water Practice, Sunday, November 13, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Thai Yoga Massage: Sunday, November 13, 2:00–5:00 p.m.
Yoga Immersion Program with Sommer and Paul Sobin
Enjoy this life-changing introductory course on the fundamental principles of yoga that welcomes all seekers and students of yoga. Topics of study include alignment-focused asana, meditation, pranayama, anatomy, Ayurveda, yoga philosophy, and more. Six weekends, November 2016–April 2017. Details →