Labor Day Schedule
We offer a reduced schedule for Labor Day, with evening classes suspended:
- Flow Yoga with Lauren Sacks, 9:00–10:00 a.m.
- Prenatal Yoga with Lauren Sacks, 10:30–11:30 a.m.
- Gentle Yoga with Marty Adams, 10:30–11:45 a.m.
- Flow Yoga with Ruth Newnam, noon–1:00 p.m.
- Pilates with Alexandra DeSiato, 4:30–5:30 p.m.
In addition to our series and special offerings, our fall quarter includes some wonderful new drop-in classes.
- Flow Yoga with David Rowan, Mondays and Thursdays, 7:30–8:30 p.m.
- Power Hour with Dara Fort (returning after summer vacation!), Tuesdays and Thursdays, noon–1:00 p.m.
- Flow Yoga with Lauren Joyner, Wednesdays, 9:00–10:00 a.m.
- Flow Yoga with Sage Rountree, Wednesdays, 4:30–5:30 p.m.
- Gentle Yoga with Marty Adams, Thursdays, 10:30–11:45 a.m.
- Yoga for Aging Athletes with Alexandra DeSiato, Thursdays, 3:00–4:15 p.m.
- Ashtanga Yoga Led Practice with Tracey Oliveto, Fridays, 9:00–10:30 a.m.
- Intro to Ashtanga Yoga with Tracey Oliveto, Fridays, noon–1:00 p.m.
Kids’ Yoga, Ages 3–8
Michelle Nettesheim’s monthly playdate for ages 3–8 is the first Sunday of the month, 9:30–10:15 a.m. (this month, it’s September 7). Details →
Lil’ Asana, Ages 6–12
This six-week open series with Nicole Mark will build kids’ confidence, body and breath awareness, and coping skills through the practice of yoga poses, breathing, and noncompetitive movement games. Mondays, September 8–October 13, 4:15–5:15 p.m. $50 for all six weeks or drop in to any session for $10. Details →
Learn to breathe with greater ease and fullness. During each session with Helen Tapper you will learn about an aspect of breathing, and you will practice exercises which facilitate the uncovering of natural and easy breathing.
- The Mechanics of Breathing, Sunday, September 7, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- Breath and Healing, Sunday, October 5, 2014, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
- The Union of Breath and Mind, Sunday, November 2, 2014, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m.
All three for $120, or choose any session for $50/$45 early bird. Details →
This eight-week series with Nicole Mark is for those who have never been to a class before or those who want to brush up on the basics. We’ll explain the structure of a yoga class, meditation, warm-up, asanas (positions), and relaxation. This introduction to yoga will break it down for everyone to be comfortable, relaxed, and confident to move on to other classes. Wednesdays, September 10–October 29, 7:15–8:30 p.m., $100. Details →
Sommer and Paul Sobin offer a week of free classes to preview their fall series. We fill these popular free offerings first come, first situated, with no online signup—please arrive several minutes early to set up.
- Yoga Basics for Beginners, Tuesday, September 16, 5:45–7:00 p.m.
- Advanced Practice, Wednesday, September 17, 5:45–7:15 p.m.
- Intermediate Expansion, Wednesday, September 17, 7:30–9:00 p.m.
- Continuing Basics, Thursday, September 18, 6:00–7:15 p.m.
- Intermediate Expansion, Saturday, September 20, 9:00–10:30 a.m.
Jivamukti Yoga Workshops
- Yoga Mala, Friday, September 19, 6:00–8:00 p.m., $30/$25 early
- Hot, Hip, and Holy, Friday, October 10, 6:00–8:00 p.m., $30/$25 early
The Energetic Body
In this subtle body anatomy weekend with Mira Shani, we’ll explore the human body from the inside out and we’ll learn how to connect to our subtle body and use that deep and sensitive awareness to make our asana practice more potent and meaningful to our lives. You’ll learn about chakras, prana, and more as you foster a better connection with yourself. Saturday and Sunday, September 20–21, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Details →
Yoga for Barbers, Baristas, and Bartenders
This four-week open series, designed and scheduled to appeal to service-industry workers, welcomes everyone. In a beginner-friendly setting, Nicole Mark helps you use yoga to counter the effects of standing all day and to ease upper-body and back strain. Mondays, September 22–October 13, 3:00–4:00 p.m. Enjoy the entire four-week series for only $30, or drop in to any single session for $10. Details →
Yoga for Gardeners
Gardeners are the ultimate yoginis. They have a deep appreciation and patience for the process of transformation and renewal. Come let yoga transform your gardening. With Megan Lewis, Sunday, October 5, 2:00–4:00 p.m. Details →