We—and your other favorite locally owned small businesses—would love your vote in the Indy Best of the Triangle poll. Please vote under Health & Body:
- Yoga Studio in Durham County: Durham Yoga Company
- Yoga Studio in Orange/Chatham County: Carrboro Yoga Company
Click here to get started! Polls are open through May 7. Thanks so, so much.
Aligning the currents of your breath with the rhythms of your movement invites you to fully experience the pulse of life. Choreographer and Prana Vinyasa Flow Yoga teacher Carson Efird leads this exploration Saturday, April 29, 1:30–3:30 p.m. Details →
Join yoga teachers and sisters Ruth Newnam, massage therapist, and Laura Terry, physical therapist, for this weekend workshop for self-care. You’ll learn to release tension with self massage and positional therapy techniques, develop strength and stability, identify potentially harmful postures, and modify for safe and therapeutic practice. Join for some or all of the three sessions at Hillsborough Yoga Company Friday–Sunday, April 28–30. Details →
Advanced Studies Summer Immersion
Come to beautiful Carrboro, North Carolina, for a week or a month in summer 2017 to deepen your practice, refine your teaching, and make huge progress toward your RYT-500 designation! Yoga teachers and interested students from any background can join us for:
- The Energetic Body with Mira Shani, April 28–30
- Decoding Sanskrit with Mira Shani, June 2–4
- Whole Mama Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training with Alexandra DeSiato and Lauren Sacks, June 7–11 and July 27–30
- Alignment with Mira Shani, June 19–20 and 22–23
- Sequencing Yoga Classes from Welcome to Namaste with Sage Rountree, June 26–30
- Theme Integration with Mira Shani, July 2–3
- Assists with Mira Shani, July 5–6 and 11–12
- Yoga and Positive Psychology with Michael Johnson, July 7–9
- Language Refinement with Mira Shani, July 15–16
- Teaching Yoga to Athletes with Sage Rountree, July 17–21
- Introduction to Ayurveda with Katie Serino, July 22–23
Kundalini Yoga, Meditation, and Gong Bath
This four-week open series with Amanda May explores the magic of Kundalini yoga and meditation combined with the healing vibration of the gong. Join for all four or any one Monday, May 1–22, 7:30–8:45 p.m. Details →
Tap into Your Glutes
Access the power of your hips with movements to awaken and strengthen your glutes for better balance and a pain-free body. Alexandra DeSiato leads Saturday, May 6, 1:30–2:30 p.m. Details →
Join us for a special donation class to support OM, a national movement conceived by Manduka and locally sponsored by Townsend Bertram & Company and Carolina Yoga Company to bring One Million people together on their mats on Mother’s Day weekend. Read more here. Bring a donation in any amount for:
- Project OM yoga with Ruth Newnam, Saturday, May 13, 10:00–11:00 a.m.
- Project OM yoga with Laura Terry, Sunday, May 14, 3:30–4:30 p.m.
Breast Cancer Survivor Series
Join survivors and yoga instructors Laura Terry and Ruth Newnam for this free introductory series for breast cancer survivors and caregivers designed to reduce anxiety, depression, fatigue and other side effects of diagnosis and treatment. Sundays, May 21–June 4, 5:30–6:45 p.m. Details →
At the Carolina Massage Institute
Learn to heal people through human touch and connection, and you’ll look forward to Monday mornings as much as Friday afternoons. Carolina Massage Institute will teach you how to bring the art and science of massage into a conversation to help each unique client feel better. Visit carolinamassageinstitute.com for more.
Trade Time for Yoga
Are you computer-savvy, friendly, and eager to trade time for yoga? Have you been practicing with us for three months or longer? Will you be staying in town for the foreseeable future? We are training new desk staff as work-studies—if your answer to these questions is yes!, write us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.