We will offer only one class on Memorial Day: Gentle Yoga with Marty Adams at 10:30 a.m. When you’re traveling or miss your regular class for a holiday, you can stream classes with our instructors online at YogaVibes.com!
Living More Sensually
What if we didn’t have to feel over-stressed and under-nourished at the end of the day? Join health coach Nadia Setzer and learn how to re-ground yourself in your feminine body through your senses. Saturday, May 30, 1:30–3:30 p.m. Details →
Helen Tapper leads us through yoga nidra, a deep relaxation, as a tool for meditation. Sunday, May 31, 11:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m. Details →
Our summer schedule has a few time and teacher changes to note:
- Flow Yoga with David Rowan moves from 7:30 to 7:15 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays
- Flow Yoga on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. will be led by Lucia Jones (as a twin offering to her Thursday class). Elizabeth Bechard will be teaching at Hillsborough Yoga (use your passcard!) at 6 p.m. on Thursdays beginning in July!
- Yin Yoga with Lauren Joyner moves from 7:15 to 7:30 p.m. on Mondays
- Gentle and Restorative Yoga with Ann Burrus moves from 7:30 to 7:15 p.m. on Tuesdays
- Our $5 Community Class with our teacher training graduates moves from 7:15 to 7:30 on Tuesdays
- Yin Yoga on Thursdays starts at 7:30 with Sierra Weaver taking over
All of these changes go into effect June 1. View the full summer schedule here by scrolling to June 1.
Partner Yoga Workshop
Yoga means connection, and doing yoga with friends is a shortcut to connection! Lucia Jones and Katie Veleta lead this popular, playful partner offering Saturday, June 6, 12:45–2:45 p.m. Bring a buddy or meet one here. Details →
Our meditation and mindfulness series with Abra Fortune Chernik, Love Is Presence, returns for the summer. Join us for:
- A free preview session, Sunday, June 14, 7:00–8:30 p.m.
- A four-week series: “Awakening from the Trance of Habit, Compulsion, and Addiction,” Sundays, June 28–July 19, 7:00–9:00 p.m.
Summer Bhakti Mala
The yoga mala is an ancient and elegant practice consisting of 108 sun salutations at the beginning of each new season. Hollie Sue Mann leads this sacred, joyful ritual to welcome summer Friday, June 19, 6:15–8:15 p.m. Details →
Time to plan your summer! We offer an intensive version of our 200-hour yoga teacher training July 18–August 9. And new for 2015, we are offering a monthlong advanced studies immersion that covers most of the curriculum of our 500-hour yoga teacher training! Come enjoy a month of living in wonderful Carrboro; learning with classmates from across the U.S., Sweden, and Guatemala; and advancing your practice and teaching.
- Sequencing Yoga Classes from Welcome to Namaste with Sage Rountree, Monday–Friday, June 22–26, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- 500-Hour Intensive Core Curriculum: Alignment, Assists, Theme Integration, and Languaging (each available à la carte, as well), all with Mira Shani, Saturday, June 27–Friday, July 10, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Yoga and Positive Psychology with Michael Johnson, Friday, July 10, 6:00–9:00 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday, July 11–12, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Yoga for Athletes Five-Day Teachers’ Intensive with Sage Rountree, Monday–Friday, July 13–17, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- 200-Hour Intensive Yoga Teacher Training, Saturday, July 18–Sunday, August 9, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.